As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
These oatmeal bars are moist and chewy. They are well-balanced between the sweetness from the brown sugar and the tartness of the cranberries. I think my husband ate almost the entire batch over the next two days. I did manage to save one for myself and I must confess that they were pretty darn tasty. I’m thinking that next time I will add a handful of toasted walnuts for another layer of both texture and flavors to these already outstanding Cranberry Oatmeal Bars.
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter - , melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice - , pineapple juice, fresh lemon juice or water
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries - (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white - , lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; leveling it off with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle butter and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, combine cranberries, yogurt, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on