This hearty Easy Beef Vegetable Soup is the ultimate comfort food. It tastes like it was simmered on the stove for hours but is ready in just 30-minutes. Ground beef is simmered with macaroni noodles, peas, carrots, onions, celery and beans in tomato-vegetable juice cocktail to create this quick and easy soup.
This recipe tastes like it was simmered on the stove for hours but is ready in just 30-minutes. It’s fast, family-friendly and bursting with flavor. V-8 juice is my secret weapon to making this soup have a real depth of flavor in such a short amount of time.
Although we’re simmering the ground beef with macaroni noodles, peas, carrots, onions, celery and beans in a tomato-vegetable juice cocktail to create this quick and easy soup, you can use whatever vegetables or pasta shaped your family loves. Don’t care for beans? Omit them! Adding beans is a great way to add a little extra fiber to this vitamin-packed one-pot meal.
We serve ours with a little sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley for that added brightness to the dish.
This rich, flavorful easy beef vegetable soup is hearty enough to be served as a main course for four. Add a fresh salad and a piece of bread to mop up that delicious broth and you are good to go
Looking for more ground Beef Recipes? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Cheesy Beef and Bean Burritos
- Italian minestrone soup with pasta and beans
- Shepherd’s Pie
Easy Beef Vegetable Soup
For the Soup:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 1 cup diced celery , about 3 ribs
- 1 cup diced carrots , about 2 medium carrots
- 4 cups (32 oz) Vegetable tomato juice, regular or spicy
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern, kidney, cannellini, or pinto beans, drained and rinsed [See Note 1]
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, unsalted, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked pasta noodles , like elbows, alphabet, or ditalini
- 1/2 cup peas , frozen
- Salt and pepper , to taste
For the Garnish:
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Freshly torn flat-leaf parsley or basil
- Heat a large nonstick soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 5 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add celery, onions, and carrots; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, drained and rinsed beans, diced tomatoes, peas, and pasta; cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is to your desired tenderness. Add more vegetable juice or water to thin out the broth as desired. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Garnish with cheese, if desired and fresh parsley or basil.
- Draining and rinsing beans removes about 70% of the salt used in packaging. This is better for you and allows you to control the salt in this dish.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on