Fudge sauce is a personal weakness. Its thick, rich, warm and melty goodness is perfect poured over ice cream. It is still always a treat to enjoy a hot fudge sundae at the local ice cream shop. Today, we’re making that delicious sauce at home – with ingredients you have sitting in your pantry most likely.
Sweetened condensed milk and 12-oz of chocolate chips are the base of this recipe. But it’s the last (not-so-secret) ingredient that makes this hot fudge stand out.
And … OHHHHHhhhhhhhh… the places you’ll go!
This 3-ingredient Fudge Sauce makes a great addition to any dessert bar – like our Caramel Apple Bar.
Looking for a thinner syrup to make Chocolate Milk or other mixed drinks? Try this Best Homemade Chocolate Syrup.
Its thick, rich, warm and melty goodness is perfect poured over ice cream. Today, we’re making that delicious sauce at home – with ingredients you most likely already have sitting in your pantry.
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Kosher or sea salt (optional)
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high. Then stir briskly to melt the chocolate chips into the sweetened condensed milk. If there are still lumps, microwave for 1 more minute, and stir briskly again.
- Once smooth. stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt (optional).
- This recipe can also be made on the stove top over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and pinch of salt at the end of heating after the chocolate is fully melted. Vanilla evaporates so you want to add it right at the end after the heating is finished. Salt is added at the same time as just a pinch to your personal tastes. Salt enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
Keywords: Hot Fudge Sauce, easy, quick, recipe, homemade, from scratch, chocolate, chips, morsels, ice cream toppings, make you own sauce,