Throwing a party this summer? Cool off with this refreshing adult dessert – Boozy Frozen Mudslide Pie. Coffee liqueur, vodka, and Irish cream come together to form this amazing cocktail-inspired dessert. Your guests are going to totally love you for this – I promise!
This ice cream starts with a cookie base. Onto that, we pile homemade 2-ingredient Fudge Sauce. For the ice cream layer, I started with a vanilla ice cream which I flavored with coffee liqueur, Irish cream, and vodka. Then, mounds of whipped cream are piled on top.
Garnished with mini chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks, cookie crumbs, and crushed peanuts, this luscious dessert is rich and decadent.
Did I mention the homemade fudge oozing out from between the layers?
A little extra drizzle of fudge never hurt anyone. You’ve got to try this pie. It’s amazing.
Want To Try This Frozen Mudslide Pie Recipe?
Pin it to your DESSERT, SUMMER, OR RECIPE boards & SAVE it for later!
Find me on for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Throwing a party this summer? Cool off with this refreshing adult dessert – Frozen Mudslide Pie. Coffee liqueur, vodka, and Irish cream come together to form this amazing cocktail-inspired dessert. Your guests are going to totally love you for this – I promise!
Frozen Mudslide Cocktail Blend:
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur, such as Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup vodka, like SVEDKA
Chocolate Cookie Crumb Crust:
- Nonstick cooking spray, for coating the pie plate (affiliate link)
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, like Oreos Chocolate cream [reserve 1 tbsp crumb mix for garnish]
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Mudslide Fudge Sauce:
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips [ reserve 1 tbsp for garnish]
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts [reserve 1 tbsp for garnish]
Ice Cream Layer:
- 1.5 quarts (1.47L) vanilla bean ice cream [See Note]
- 2 tbsp instant coffee [See Note]
- 2 tbsp hot water [See Note]
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tbsp reserved crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp reserved mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp reserved hot fudge sauce
- 1 tbsp reserved cookie crumbs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch springform pan generously with cooking spray or line with a parchment circle.
Add the chocolate cookies into a food processor (affiliate link) and pulse until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moist. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate (affiliate link). Bake until set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let the crust cool on a wire rack.
Whisk together the coffee liqueur, Irish cream liqueur, and vodka. Set aside.
Mix the instant coffee and the hot water together until dissolved. Set aside.
In a pan over medium heat, add the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Heat until chocolate is fully melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the mudslide cocktail blend.
Pour 1 cup of hot fudge over the top of the cookie crust. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
Set the ice cream out at room temperature for 5 -10 minutes. Scoop out the ice cream into a blender (affiliate link). Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the mudslide cocktail blend and the instant coffee blend. Cover and process in blender (affiliate link) until it forms a very thick milkshake. Immediately pour it over the cooled crust and transfer the pie to the freezer for 15 minutes.
With an electric mixer, beat the cream and sugar together to form whipped cream, about 5-7 minutes. Cover ice cream with whipped cream (I used a pastry bag and a large star tip), if you do not have these items, use a gallon zip-top bag and snip off one corner to form a piping bag or spoon on top.
Garnish the pie with some reserved chocolate chips and crushed peanuts. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and return it to the freezer. Freeze until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, drizzle with some extra hot fudge.
- If coffee flavored ice cream is sold in your area, you may substitute that for the vanilla ice cream and omit the instant coffee and water. Coffee ice cream is a regional ice cream flavor and is not available in all areas. Here, we’ve made our own coffee ice cream using vanilla ice cream and instant coffee granules.
Keywords: frozen mudslide pie, recipe, how to make, how to bake, homemade, msg free, from scratch, dessert, alcohol, bailey's irish cream, booze,
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: