Easy Oven Roasted Carrots are the perfect side for weeknight meals and holiday dinners.
Simply roasting carrots in the oven develops the natural sugars in the carrots making them sweet, yet savory and delicious.
This simple side dish is extremely budget-friendly but is miles away from the same old steamed carrots you may be used to. Eating on a budget doesn’t have to mean bland or boring, give this simple side dish a try and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
I’m writing this post as a part of my 5-day $50 meal plan for a family of 4 for just $10 a day. That is 15 meals (5 each of breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for just $50. Are you up for the challenge?
Roasted vegetables are so delicious. Roasting them brings out there natural sweetness. Check out these:
Easy Oven Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 1 lb carrots , peeled and left whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil , just enough to coat
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly oil the carrots and then season with salt, ground black pepper, and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Place on the rimmed baking sheet.
- Place sheet pan in the oven. Roast 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on