This Hot Jalapeño Corn Dip is packed with flavor starting with the fresh, steamed corn and then combined with chopped cilantro, diced jalapeños, and sliced green onions.
My husband and I are not winter people. Give us a warm tropical breeze over arctic air any day of the year. So when Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter, we were more than a little distraught over the thought of another six weeks of cold weather. We needed a little pick-me-up – pronto!
Luckily for us, we live in the South where we have a steady flow of fresh produce at our disposal, like fresh Florida Sunshine Sweet Corn, to perk up our spirits. Sunshine Sweet Corn is non-GMO and makes a great addition to any spring-inspired meal. Why wait ’til summer for fresh, sweet corn when we can have it right now?
The Sunshine Sweet Corn website beckoned to me to look for recipes using this beautiful, fresh, sweet corn and I already knew I wanted to use it in a way that was outside of our weeknight norm. With so many recipes to choose from, I finally settled on the Hot jalapeño Corn Dip. This dip is packed with flavor starting with the fresh, steamed corn and then combined with chopped cilantro, diced jalapeños, and sliced green onions. The flavor of the sweet corn is showcased in this dip and is what makes this dish shine. My husband and I agreed the fresh corn is the difference you can taste in this dip. It’s delicious!
To easily slice the corn from the cob, place the pointy end of the ear of corn into the center of a bundt pan. It keeps the corn steady, and the base of the pan catches the kernels. Each ear of corn yields about 1 cup of corn kernels.
If you don’t have a bundt pan, simply invert a small bowl inside a larger bowl like this! Easy, right?
Next, we are going to quickly steam the corn in the microwave. I steam it rather than boil it since this helps the corn retain its nutrients over the boiling method where a lot of nutrients are left in the water.
While the corn steams, dice up the jalapeños, removing the stem, seeds and white veins. The seeds and veins hold the majority of the capsaicin – the organic compound that gives peppers their heat. For a spicier dip, leave the veins intact and just scrape the seeds out with the back of your knife or substitute a hotter pepper like serrano peppers.
Then combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Place the entire mixture into a 1.5-quart baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven when the top is golden brown and the dip is heated throughout. Serve warm with your favorite chips, crostini, or assorted fresh veggie sticks.
Need some other quick appetizers? Check these out:
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Nashville Hot Chicken Wings
- Baked Parmesan Cheese Fries
- BLT Dip
- Barbecue Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Hot Jalapeño Corn Dip
- 3 cups Sunshine Sweet Corn , sliced from the cob
- 3 jalapeño peppers , seeded and diced
- 2 green onions , sliced fine
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded jalapeño jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam the fresh corn kernels in the microwave by wetting some paper towels and without straining them, placing them in the bottom of a large microwave-safe bowl. Then pour the corn kernels into the bowl and cover them with another layer of moist paper towels. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Cook for 2 minutes or until fully heated but still crisp.
- Remove both layers of paper towels and then mix together all of your ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for the top of the dish.
- Transfer the corn dip mixture into a 1.5-quart baking dish and top with the reserved shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 – 30 minutes until the top is golden and the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your choice of chips, crostini, or fresh vegetable sticks.