This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
If you are a pizza lover like my family is, then you are going to love these pizza pinwheels! These are a fun appetizer or snack for game day or family fun night. We especially like to make these when we play cards with friends or board games with the kids. They are portable and small and able to be eaten with one hand quickly between turns with little to no mess. And let’s face it, pinwheels are just so cute! My daughter loves to help spread the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
These Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels are pretty quick to assemble and can be made in advance of your party or event. Then just bake them off as needed. It’s really just that simple, too! The extra pieces of pepperoni you can see in the photo are the extra pieces left over from making the pinwheels. I crisp these up in a small skillet or in the oven and they turn into the most wonderful pepperoni chips you ever did taste. Give them a try, too!
I used a regular pizza dough for this version of pinwheels that has been rolled out into a thin rectangle and filled with pizza toppings but you can also opt to use crescent rolls. My kids really like the pizza crust flavor so we stuck with this variation. I also saw this week in my grocery that aside from the ready made pizza dough they keep in the bakery that they had some fresh dough that was also pre-rolled which would take out some of the work for assembly.
Looking for some other pizza recipes? Check these out:
- Chourico & Onion Pizza with Kale Pesto
- How to Make Quick Thai Shrimp Pizza
A great appetizer or finger-food for game day or family fun night. Little ones like to help spreading the cheese and adding the pepperoni.
- 1 1-lb pizza dough, homemade or pre-packaged
- 1 /4 cup pizza sauce, homemade or jarred
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package pepperoni rounds, any variety
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and lightly oil a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle approximately 9″ x 16″ long and about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Add about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce onto the dough and spread it evenly edge to edge across the entire crust.
- Cover the dough evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add pepperoni, as much or as little as desired, evenly across the pizza.
- Working with the long edge, carefully roll the pizza into a log.
- Slice pinwheels about 1 inch thick. Move pinwheel to a prepared cookie sheet tucking the loose end in under the pinwheel to secure it.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg