This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This 30-minute Skillet Lasagna tastes JUST like traditional lasagna without all the fuss of layering! Simply brown the ground beef and Italian sausage and then add the rest of the ingredients into the pan to simmer.
Once the pasta is cooked, the whole dish is ready! After one taste and you just may never go back to your traditional lasagna again! It’s really that good — and it’s EASY!
Did you catch the part about it being a 30-minute meal, too?? Oh yeah! Let’s do THIS!
I had been saying ( more like complaining) for years that I like the flavors of lasagna but I just cannot get on board with just how time-consuming it is to make traditional layered lasagna.
So one time (a long time ago now) I convinced my Mom to let me try making her lasagna into a one-pot meal. We made her sauce as normal and then I broke up the noodles and threw them directly into the sauce and set it to simmer and bubble away.
About 20-mintes later, we had this lasagna skillet and I’ve been making it that way ever since. I mean it tastes just like lasagna only much less time and work!
My daughter is a major pasta lover and she absolutely adores this skillet dinner.
I haven’t met anyone yet who has complained that their bowl of lasagna didn’t come in tedious layers. We serve this with a tossed, green salad and sliced pf toasted, garlic bread.
It makes for the perfect weeknight meal.
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest – I am always pinning quick & easy new recipes!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This 30-minute Skillet Lasagna tastes just like traditional lasagna without all the fuss of layering! Add this quick and simple dish into your weeknight dinner rotation and take your ordinary pasta night from ordinary to extraordinary!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups Pasta Sauce; homemade or your favorite jarred sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, more or less to taste
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces or your favorite dry pasta
- Optional Cheese Garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- Heat large 12-inch skillet oven over medium-high heat. Add beef, Italian sausage and onions and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned.
- Next, add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (optional) and saute for another minute or two. If necessary, drain off any excess fat.
- Add your favorite sauce (homemade or jarred), 4 cups chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, sugar, spices and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally; approximately 25-30 minutes.
- If desired, stir in a little extra chicken stock (or water) to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with cheese and serve hot.
If you have a pre-mixed Italian Seasoning blend, you can substitute 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the Italian Seasoning Blend for the 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, & 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: how to, Italian, skillet, one-pot, lasagna, pasta
Follow along on Social Media
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE & SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!
We appreciate your comments on our recipes. Your feedback helps me create better recipes and helps other readers as well!
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on