Nothing really says “festive holiday party” like a Warm Holiday Punch. There’s something inviting and comforting about a holiday punch that my guests really seem to enjoy. For me, it reminds me of friends and family and years gone by.
In keeping with holiday tradition, this warm holiday punch comes together quickly and stays warm in the slow cooker. I’ve topped mine with beautiful slices of fresh fruit. This is a stunning presentation and can be made either alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
I’ve floated slices of oranges, apples, and cranberries atop our punch. My favorite fruit though is the carambola fruit which looks like beautiful, yellow stars floating in the punch. If you’ve never tried one, you should! They are mild-flavored with a firm flesh which usually tastes sweet but can sometimes be tart, too.
Here’s how easily it all comes together.
Slow Cooker Warm Holiday Punch
Yield 18 cups
- 64 ounces (1/2 gallon) apple juice, pure unsweetened
- 64 ounces (1/2 gallon) cranberry juice, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sugar or other sweetener (more or less to taste)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, whole
- 1 cup (8 ounces) dark rum (optional)
- Optional Garnishes
- fresh cranberries
- fresh orange slices
- fresh apple slices
- star fruit slices
- Add first 4 ingredients to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and heat for about 3 hours on LOW or until warm.
- Once warm, add fresh fruit garnish.
- Keep warm as long as needed on LOW or WARM.
- Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the slow cooker, on the stove top, or in the microwave.