This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Italian minestrone soup with pasta and beans is hearty and delicious. So much so that my husband didn’t miss the meat at all in this soup. If you were so inclined, you could add some browned ground beef or tofu crumbles and have a delicious beef vegetable soup. This soup is bursting with flavor and ready in just 30-minutes!
This soup is the sister soup to my Pasta e fagioli, with just a few minor changes it creates a vegetable soup my whole family loves. My daughter was so mesmerized by this soup she did not even notice the zucchini and summer squash – the one vegetable group she does not like. This soup is the perfect vehicle to pack a ton of vegetables and nutrients in on your kids! I sometimes also throw in whole stemmed baby spinach for some added kick. We love it.
I’m a soup lover anyway, but some minestrone soups just taste boring and flat. This Minestrone Soup with Pasta and beans has a tomato base which keeps me satisfied through each passing spoonful. Yum!
To keep my pasta perfectly al dente, I cook it separate and stir it in just before serving.
Looking for more ground Beef Recipes? Check these out:
Italian minestrone soup with pasta and beans is hearty and delicious. This soup is bursting with flavor and ready in just 30-minutes!
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, regular, whole wheat or gluten-free
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cups cut-up zucchini and/or Yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning Spice Blend [See Note 1]
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in vegetable broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian Seasoning Spice blend, and Italian sausage; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, zucchini, and summer squash until just heated through – about 3 minutes.
- If serving the full soup with no anticipated leftovers, add the pasta to the soup and stir to combine. Otherwise, I add mine to the bowls at serving. Pasta continues to soak up the soup broth at it sits in the refrigerator
Italian Seasoning Spice blend is sold where the dried oregano and basil are sold. It is not meant to be confused with dry salad dressing mix.
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: italian, minestrone, vegetable soup with beans, 30 minute meal, recipe, hearty, msg free, homemade, easy, family friendly, budget, how to make,
Do you have a favorite Minestrone Soup recipe? Share it with me! I’d love to hear from you.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like: