Copy Cat Krystal Burgers are great for those of us that don’t live near a Krystal, Since our town no longer has one, this easily fixes the craving.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 lbs. ground beef, 80/20
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 2 packages of 12 count dinner rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Spread the diced onion on a medium sized baking sheet, set aside.
- Add ground beef, water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- and mix thoroughly to make a paste.
- Drop the meat mixture in even dollops on top of the onions. Carefully press the meat so that it covers the entire baking sheet.
- Score the meat mixture, making 24 even squares with a sharp knife or pizza wheel.
- Use a straw to make holes in each square. This allows steam to rise up through the meat.
- Bake at 375 °F for approximately 12-15 minutes. There will be a lot of juices released as the meat cooks, drain off liquids prior to plating.
- Serve burgers on mini slider buns, dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls topped with pickle chips, cheese, and mustard.
Add fries, pickles, and condiments and you’re done.
Keywords: Copy Cat Krystal Burgers, ground beef recipes, kid friendly, 30 minute meal, home made, MSG free, copy cat recipes