Craving Krystal’s Burgers? Now you can control the ingredients and make them at home. Get your Krystal burger fix anytime you’d like with these quick and easy Copycat Krystal Burgers!
Where I live in South Carolina, there are no Krystal or White Castle burger places to be found within a few hundred miles of our home. So my husband always wants to stop at Krystal Burgers when we hit Georgia and get some lunch as we head down to Florida.
These little slider-sized burgers are incredibly easy to make at home. First, you mince some onions and scatter them on a baking sheet. After that, dot the surface with ground beef.
Then, pat down the ground beef until it spreads thinly and evenly across the baking sheet covering the onions.
Divide the meat into patties with a knife or pizza wheel. Then, with a drinking straw, skewer, or chopstick, poke holes into each patty. This allows steam to escape up from the onions and through the patties.
Bake in the oven and viola, a stack of Homemade Krystal Burgers.
Add fries, pickles, and condiments and you’re done. Being able to create these tasty burgers at home is a treat for my family.
Copy Cat Krystal Burgers
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 2 lbs. ground beef , 80/20
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 2 pkgs dinner rolls , sliced in half horizontally
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Spread the diced onion on a medium sized baking sheet, set aside.
- Add ground beef, water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- and mix thoroughly to make a paste.
- Drop the meat mixture in even dollops on top of the onions. Carefully press the meat so that it covers the entire baking sheet.
- Score the meat mixture, making 24 even squares with a sharp knife or pizza wheel.
- Use a straw to make holes in each square. This allows steam to rise up through the meat.
- Bake at 375 °F for approximately 12-15 minutes. There will be a lot of juices released as the meat cooks, drain off liquids prior to plating.
- Serve burgers on mini slider buns, dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls topped with pickle chips, cheese, and mustard.