Using a decorative Bundt pan is an easy way to make the simple Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Bundt cake look more impressive.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love to bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes. While I usually bake all my confections from scratch, there is no shame in having a few “box” cake recipes in your files for when you are short on time.
Using a decorative standard bundt pan is an easy way to make a simple cake look more impressive. I’ve transitioned over to my new Heritage bundt pan now and I just love how the cakes look coming out of that pan! There’s just something about a bundt pan that makes an ordinary cake feel festive and special. Try a bundt pan for your next cake and see for yourself how impressed your guests are over this super-easy cake!
This autumn-themed dessert combines pumpkin purée and seasonal spices, and is served with either a dusting of powdered sugar and our 5-minute, 5-ingredient Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce, or a simple royal icing making it easy enough yet also impressive enough for your Holiday entertaining.
Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- bundt pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix (18 -1/4 oz)
- 1 box butterscotch pudding (3.4 0z)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
Royal Icing Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp water , or milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350’F for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar with 1 tbsp of water or milk and mix until smooth. If it is too thick, add the second tbsp of liquid and mix until the desired consistency. Slowly drizzle over the top of the cake.