Baked Chicken Tenders are very soft and tender with just the right amount of crunch from the outer coating and are ready in about 15 minutes.
Baked Chicken tenders are a go-to meal for many families. Mine included. I have never been one to buy the ready-made version from the store so I make mine from scratch each time the feeling hits.
That’s not to say that these cannot be breaded ahead and frozen from this recipe but I’ve found that it isn’t a huge time saver since re-heating them from frozen adds extra cooking time onto the back-end of the baking. So, I use those extra few minutes I would have saved and just prep them fresh.
Doing them this way, I am always very pleased with the results. Tender, juicy baked chicken tenders I feel good about feeding my family.
The tenders themselves are very soft and tender with just the right amount of crunch from the outer coating. I cut through mine with nothing more than the edge of my fork but my daughter likes dunking them into her Polynesian sauce while my husband prefers the Homemade Ranch Dressing. I’ve paired these today with my Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes and the whole meal is done in just under 30 minutes. To do this, first I prepare the potatoes and get those in the oven since they take the longest to cook. Once they are in, I get my 3 dishes for coating the chicken ready and prepare the baking pan (which I also first line with aluminum foil for easy clean up). Then there’s nothing left to do but double-dredge the chicken and pop it in the oven. By the time the chicken hits the oven, the potatoes are about halfway cooked and everything finishes at the same time or very close. Then I just pop a steam fresh bag of vegetables in the microwave or cooktop and I’ve got a great, wholesome meal in just under 30 minutes.
Wonder Woman has nothing on me, friends! My kid thinks I’m a Super Hero when I serve up this wholesome and healthful meal.
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 pounds raw chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs , seasoned or unseasoned, regular or gluten free
- 1 tsp Salt and black pepper More or less to taste
- 1 tsp granulated garlic More or less to taste
- 1 tsp granulated onion More or less to taste
- 1 tsp paprika , sweet, smoked or hot, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and black pepper, to taste. In a shallow dish, season the flour with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. In a second shallow dish, beat the eggs and milk then season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and black pepper. In a third shallow dish, place the breadcrumbs and again season the breadcrumbs with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess flour. Then dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg wash and finally, coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauces.