Life is hectic enough, getting a flavorful dinner on the table that won’t break the bank doesn’t have to be! Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken drumsticks are easy and affordable made with simple pantry ingredients.
Of course, if you prefer a different cut of chicken, you can easily substitute it for the drumsticks. We’ve found that thighs also work exceptionally well with this recipe and cook in a very similar time frame.
Substituting whole chicken breasts will add money onto the total cost of the dish unless you catch a sale or belong to a big box club. They also take longer to bake – which also increases another valuable commodity these days – your time.
Baked Garlic and Paprika chicken drumsticks are an easy meal that’s an absolute go-to for my family especially on busy school nights.
Using drumsticks (or thighs), this entree feeds a family of 4 for about $3.63 or $0.91 per serving.
This delicious and affordable dinner cooks in about 45 minutes – about the time it takes me to help my daughter with her homework. Perfect!
I start by whisking together the garlic-paprika rub. Then I generously coat each drumstick before laying it in baking pan.
If there is any leftover rub, I simply pour it over the top of the chicken before it heads into the oven. While the chicken bakes, I prepare the sides, in this case, mashed potatoes, and steamed carrots.
If you prefer roasted vegetables instead, there is usually enough time to also roast the potatoes and carrots in the oven while the chicken bakes. This is another really big timesaver for my busy family.
8 chicken drumsticks 3.63
2 lbs potatoes $0.70 (from an 8lb bag for $2.79)
1 lb carrots $.49____________________
Total: $4.82 ($1.20 per serving)
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy BBQ Wings
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Oven Roasted Split Chicken Breasts
- One-Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet
Want To Try This Garlic-Paprika Chicken Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes , optional
- 1 teaspoon oregano , dried
- 2 tablespoon parsley , freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean and dry the drumsticks and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, paprika, pinch of red pepper flakes, and dried oregano, if using. Whisk together to form a loose paprika garlic chicken rub.
- Coat the drumsticks thoroughly with the marinade mixture and place in an alternating pattern in a shallow 9 x 13- inch roasting pan. Pour any remaining marinade over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken legs are cooked through and the juices run clear (165 degrees F).
- Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables for an easy weeknight meal.
- Recipe Jo Cooks
- olive oil is gluten-free as long as it is made only from olives, as most are. Read the label because anything is possible, but so far I’ve not run into an olive oil that contains gluten. Light olive oil, extra virgin olive oil and plain olive oil are all gluten-free. Flavored olive oils are generally safe but remember to read the label, as always. Cooking oil labels, even when several ingredients are listed, are usually quite easy to read and understand.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.