I would love to tell you that the inspiration for this cake was something grand but it wasn’t. It came to me as I was relaxing outside today and thinking. Out of nowhere the thought of how much my Mom loved butter rum lifesavers candy when she was alive wandered into my thoughts. My next thought was, of course, that it would make a great cake flavoring. So into the kitchen, I went to rummage through the pantry to see what I had on hand.Much like my Pistachio Bundt Cake, this one starts with a cake mix with some add-ins which make it quick and simple to make.
Out of the oven and frosted, we cut the cake and took samples and it was very well received by my husband and kids as well as all my co-workers.I made this with a rum flavoring found in the baking isle of the supermarket so it is non-alcoholic. The butterscotch chips melted into the cake so nicely and this turned out to be so super moist cake.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Tag us in your photo and send it to us #Kitchen_Dreaming on Instagram or @KitchenDreaming on Twitter. We’d LOVE to see your results!!
Butter Rum Bundt Cake
Yield 12 slice
BUTTER RUM BUNDT CAKE is a moist and delicious cake that can be made non alcoholic with rum flavoring. This recipe is sure to please your family with this after dinner treat.
- 1 box of Yellow cake mix
- 2 small (3.4 oz) boxes of instant butterscotch pudding
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz Butterscotch Chips
- 1 Tsp Rum extract
- 1 Tbsp Butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water, eggs, butterscotch chips and extracts about 3 minutes careful not to over work the batter as over working the batter causes a more dense cake.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a serving plate to finish cooling.
- Once the cake is cool, frost with your favorite frosting or royal icing.
Serving Size 4 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.2 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 1144 mg
Total Carbohydrates 61.8 g
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 4.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.