Get ready to have your mind blown because this isn’t your traditional egg salad recipe. The addition of cream cheese makes it so creamy, it’s absolutely the best e-g-g salad you’ve ever tasted. This recipe comes from a local cafe. I asked the owner/caterer what the secret was to her deliciously, creamy salad and she simply stated “cream cheese.”
Whoa! Mind. blown.
It’s true, this is hands down the best egg salad I’ve ever tasted. It’s just good old-fashioned comfort food and I literally C-R-A-V-E it!
Give this Creamy Egg Salad a try and you won’t go back to your “ordinary” salad recipe, that’s for sure. I like mine on fresh bread with lettuce or on toast with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes like an egg salad BLT (a BELT – as it were) but it’s also egg-celent on a buffet with assorted crackers as well as finger sandwich for brunch.
Super Creamy Restaurant Style Egg Salad
Yield 12 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 18 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Next, add the sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix the dressing until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings to your tastes.
- Fold in the eggs and mix until well combined.
- This recipe is easily doubled or halved.
If you love a good old-fashioned lunch salad try our Ham Salad. It’s a classic ham salad that’s still ah-mazing! We love this to use up leftover ham and makes an excellent addition to any brunch menu.