This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own.
S’mores cereal treats are perfect for get-togethers & class parties because everyone loves S’mores, they’re portable, and they’re so incredibly easy to make!
Fall is here folks!
With fall comes a whole fabulous baking season that takes us all the way through to the winter holidays. Thank you, fall. You’re super-awesome. It’s no wonder everyone loves you!
Yep, Fall baking season has finally rolled around, and one of the first items on my list isn’t something you bake at all! (Gasp!) Instead, I’m making these delicious Indoor S’mores Cereal Bars. My daughter is an aspiring foodie and she, like the rest of America, is in love with anything s’mores related. Unfortunately, it’s just not always possible to roast s’mores over an open fire. That’s why these No-Bake, Indoor S’mores Cereal Bars are the perfect treat!
Today, as it would happen, is my birthday, and I’m the “Room Mom” at school today so my daughter wanted to bring a treat to class to celebrate. When I asked what she wanted to make, she immediately said s’mores. After convincing her we can’t roast s’mores at school (snicker), she settled for the next best thing. Indoor S’mores Cereal Bars. We headed up to our local Food Lion grocery store to pick up the ingredients we’d need for this fun treat. The Post Malt-O-Meal® S’Mores cereal fit perfectly into our game plan so with just a few simple ingredients we had what we needed to get started. When I shop, I honestly always look at the Malt-O-Meal (MOM) cereals in the bags first because they taste great, they’re affordable, and they contain reduced packaging – all factors which are important to me. I will say my local Food Lion store only carries a small sampling of the Malt-O-Meal line of cereals but there are 34 flavors of MOM cereals to choose from, so there’s something to satisfy everyone in the MOM line of products. Here’s what they look like:
S’Mores cereal treats are perfect for get-togethers and class parties because — well, let’s just say it because they’re the B-O-M-B! Seriously, the real reason they’re perfect is that everyone loves them, they’re portable, they’re easy to make, and the chocolate doesn’t get all over the place – have you seen a group of 6-year-olds eat S’mores lately? Umm, ya. Most importantly, is there anything better than gooey marshmallow filling coating crispy chocolate and graham cracker cereal and tiny, little puffy mallows? Nope, I didn’t think so either!
I’m a sale watcher, so I should also note, Food Lion has a Catalina offer for the MOM Brand cereals going on now through September 30, 2016. Catalina coupons are the coupons that print out at the register. I received a coupon for my next shopping order when the cashier handed me my shopping receipt. My daughter and I headed back in with our coupon and picked up two more bags of cereal. Cinnamon Toasters and Golden Puffs.
Here are the Post MOM in-store Catalina offers currently available at Food Lion through September 30, 2016:
- Buy 1 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1 off 2 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 2 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1.5 off 3 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 3 MOM Brand Cereal get a $2 off 4 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 4+ MOM Brand Cereal get a $2.5 off 5+ MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
Love S’mores? Take a look at these S’mores recipes:
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows (5½ cups)
- 1 cup mini milk chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups (1/2 bag) Malt-O-Meal S’Mores cereal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp milk or half and half
- Lightly spray or butter a 13×9-inch pan and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and bag of marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour in the cereal and chocolate chips into the saucepan. With a large spoon, mix until coated with the melted chocolate mixture.
- With the back of a buttered spoon or oiled hands, press the mixture into the pan.
- For the optional garnish: Melt chocolate with milk in a microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. If not completely smooth, heat in microwave for another 10 seconds or so and stir again until smooth. Overheating the chocolate can cause it to seize up. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top with the tines of a fork or by placing the chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag and snipping off a corner of the bag and freehand piping it over the top of the cereal bars.
- Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Store covered at room temperature.
The Malt-O-Meal brand S’Mores cereal contains enough cereal to make a double batch of these bars.The extra chocolate bits and chocolate garnish may be easily omitted without any other changes to the recipe.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
The MOM brand cereals are excellent used in all sorts of snack or dessert recipes. For instance, we like to eat a few Golden Puffs sprinkled on yogurt, like a parfait, for added texture, and my daughter likes Cinnamon Toasters sprinkled over a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce — which is reminiscent of a churro with its warm cinnamon-y flavors. Yum.
What’s your favorite recipe you make using cereal? Leave me a comment below and tell me all about it.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.