This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
I received an Instant Pot Electronic Pressure Cooker last year as a gift. Since then, I’ve been working diligently to create delicious dinners – all in a fraction of the time of the conventional methods. Since my readers love my Mom’s Crock Pot Pot Roast, I wanted to build on that comfort food love and turn a classic Italian pot roast into this Italian-Style Instant Pot Pot Roast. With under 10-ingredients, this dinner is as yummy as it is easy to prepare.
I love my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker and I am working on sharing a lot more Instant Pot Recipes (Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes). This Italian Pot Roast cooks in just 60-minutes and is delicous served with steamed vegetables and rice to sop up all that rich tomato gravy.
PRO KITCHEN TIPS:
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
Do not use the “Quick Release” method of venting immediately after cooking – allow the pot roast to naturally decompress.
Ready for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check these out!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Ribs
- Instant Pot Filipino Adobo Chicken
- Instant Pot Recipe: Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
With under 10-ingredients, this Italian-Style Instant Pot Pot Roast is as yummy as it is easy to prepare. #InstantPot #Recipes #Electric #PressureCooker
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 3 cups (24-ounces) Bertolli Rustic Cut Pasta Sauce, Roasted Garlic Marinara
- 1/2 cup sweet Red wine [See Note 1]
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of red pepper flakes [See Note 2]
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place beef roast down in a 6-quart Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker. If desired, seer on all sides for color.
- Mix tomato sauce with red wine and pour on top. Add bay leaves.
- Secure lid and set lid to seal. Set on Manual with the warming feature off (press manual button twice on Instant Pot to turn warming off) for 60 minutes. (Note: It will take approximately 15 minutes for pot to reach full pressure before the 60 minute timer will start.)
- Let Instant Pot naturally release (do not use the quick release) for at least 15-20 minutes before quick releasing. I personally prefer to let it completely naturally release. Using the quick release can cause tough meat.
- Wine may be replaced with water, if desired. This will result in a flavor loss.
- Red pepper flakes are optional and may be omitted without substitution.
Notes on the Perfect Instant Pot Roast
- We used a 6 quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but ALWAYS follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
- If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
- DO NOT Quick Release this recipe immediately after cooking. Also, DO NOT EVER cover the vent of your electric pressure cooker.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italinan
Keywords: Italian, Pot Roast, Pressure Cooker, recipe, instant pot, homemade, how to make, msg free, beef, dinner, family friendly, easy,