I received an Instant Pot Electronic Pressure Cooker last year as a gift. Since then, I’ve been working diligently to create delicious dinners – all in a fraction of the time of the conventional methods. Since my readers love my Mom’s Crock Pot Pot Roast, I wanted to build on that comfort food love and turn a classic Italian pot roast into this Italian-Style Instant Pot (affiliate link) Pot Roast. With under 10-ingredients, this dinner is as yummy as it is easy to prepare.
I love my Instant Pot (affiliate link) electric pressure cooker and I am working on sharing a lot more Instant Pot Recipes (Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes). This Italian Pot Roast cooks in just 60-minutes and is delicous served with steamed vegetables and rice to sop up all that rich tomato gravy.
PRO KITCHEN TIPS:
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot (affiliate link) to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
Do not use the “Quick Release” method of venting immediately after cooking – allow the pot roast to naturally decompress.
Ready for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check these out!
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Ribs
- Instant Pot Filipino Adobo Chicken
- Instant Pot Recipe: Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
With under 10-ingredients, this Italian-Style Instant Pot Pot Roast is as yummy as it is easy to prepare. #InstantPot #Recipes #Electric #PressureCooker
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 3 cups (24-ounces) Bertolli Rustic Cut Pasta Sauce, Roasted Garlic Marinara
- 1/2 cup sweet Red wine [See Note 1]
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of red pepper flakes [See Note 2]
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place beef roast down in a 6-quart Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker. If desired, seer on all sides for color.
- Mix tomato sauce with red wine and pour on top. Add bay leaves.
- Secure lid and set lid to seal. Set on Manual with the warming feature off (press manual button twice on Instant Pot (affiliate link) to turn warming off) for 60 minutes. (Note: It will take approximately 15 minutes for pot to reach full pressure before the 60 minute timer will start.)
- Let Instant Pot (affiliate link) naturally release (do not use the quick release) for at least 15-20 minutes before quick releasing. I personally prefer to let it completely naturally release. Using the quick release can cause tough meat.
- Wine may be replaced with water, if desired. This will result in a flavor loss.
- Red pepper flakes are optional and may be omitted without substitution.
Notes on the Perfect Instant Pot Roast
- We used a 6 quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but ALWAYS follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
- If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
- DO NOT Quick Release this recipe immediately after cooking. Also, DO NOT EVER cover the vent of your electric pressure cooker.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
Keywords: Italian, Pot Roast, Pressure Cooker