As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi Bowl
- 1 pound ground beef - minced beef
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - , low sodium [See Note 1]
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger - minced or ground
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar - packed
- 1 cup rice - , uncooked
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - , optional, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes - more or less, to taste
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds - toasted
- Sriracha sauce - as needed
- Cook the Beef. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the sesame oil and garlic and brown the ground beef.
- Prepare the Sauce: After the beef is fully cooked, drain any excess fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt (optional), pepper, rice, beef stock (or water) and crushed red peppers. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or so or until the rice is cooked to your desired tenderness,
- Serve. Top with green onions, sesame seeds and an additional pinch of crushed red peppers (optional).
- If using regular soy sauce instead of reduced sodium, make sure to taste the food before adding salt.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on