This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Korean Bulgogi Beef & Rice Bowl is ready in the time it takes to boil the rice, this dish was not only ready in a flash but it was also very economical.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water or beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
- 3 green onions chopped, for garnish
- Sesame Seeds, optional, for garnish, to taste
- sriracha sauce, optional garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the sesame oil and garlic and brown the ground beef.
- After the beef is fully cooked, drain the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt (optional), pepper, rice, beef stock (or water) and crushed red peppers. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes or so or until the rice is cooked to your desired tenderness,
- Top with green onions, sesame seeds and an additional pinch of crushed red peppers (optional).
If using regular soy sauce instead of reduced sodium, make sure to taste food before adding salt.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Korean Bulgogi Beef & Rice Bowl, 30 minute meals, Asian, budget friendly recipes, Dinner, easy, homemade, Korean, MSG free