Lowcountry Chicken Pilau
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 1 rib celery , diced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper , or to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil add the chopped onion, green pepper, and celery. Saute until the onion is tender.
- Add the rice and saute, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Add the 2 cups chicken broth and tomatoes to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Stir the cooked chicken into the rice; heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Turn onto a platter; sprinkle with minced parsley, if desired. Serves 6.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on