Let me preface this entire post by saying that I really do not like meatloaf. Usually. But this Mini Meatloaves with Barbecue Glaze are one of my favorites. I have another favorite, too, which I’ll share in a minute.
Love Meatloaf? Check out my other recipes:
Mini Meatloaves with Barbecue Glaze
- For the Glaze
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- For the Meatloaf
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of panko , Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of sweet yellow onion , minced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp carrot , minced finely
- 2 tbsp celery , minced finely
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , minced
- 1/2 lb of lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb of lean ground pork
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Combine the barbecue sauce, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar together until mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil then top with a wire rack.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl; add the panko and set aside.
- Mince the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and parsley together in a food processor. Combine the crouton mixture, onion mixture, ground pork and ground beef together with the barbecue sauce, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; mix gently with just your fingertips together in a large bowl. Form the mixture into two loaves; place on prepared rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on the loaves after cooking for 15 minutes then continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 °F.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on