Rum Raisin — It’s a favorite ice cream of mine but I cannot find it anywhere! Well, except as dessert one night on my last cruise. And I couldn’t even get a whole scoop just a stingy little 2 tablespoon taste as a side to the main dessert. Stingy cruise ship — you know who you are!
I always, ALWAYS try for a larger scoop with my server — it NEVER works. Oh, the disappointment!
Now I can make my own adult version of Rum Raisin Ice Cream at home. Yep, read that again…. I. CAN. MAKE. MY. OWN! (Hoo-ray!)
Rum raisin ice cream was also my Mom’s favorite and I can only ever remember having a carton of it at home a couple of times. Either it was just not available or she was REALLY good at hiding her ice cream. Damn brussel sprouts bag, were you her accomplice? Grrrrrr!
Well, that doesn’t matter now because this is so easy to make. All you need is a stand or electric hand mixer and you are ready to go. If you prefer not to soak the raisins in the dark rum (ack!), you can omit it but truthfully, it is the best part of this recipe. It tastes just like the cartons Mom would get. MMMMmmmmm!
Like my other no-churn ice creams we’ve made… Everything but My Blue Suede Shoes (peanut butter, banana and Bacon) and the Cherry-Almond, the base is smooth and silky just like you’d imagine frozen whipped cream to be and taste. My daughter can’t have this one because of the alcohol in the raisins but so far she’s loved all the other flavor combinations we’ve whipped up together.
5-ingredient No-Churn Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp imitation rum flavoring
- About 15 minutes prior, soak the raisins in the dark rum. I gently heat mine in the microwave for 30 seconds to speed things along.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, condensed milk, and imitation rum extract in a large bowl on medium-high until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain the excess rum off the raisins and discard. Gently fold in the raisins, reserving some for the topping. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the cream mixture into a 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch loaf pan or 1 1/2-quart freezer-safe container.
- Sprinkle the reserved raisins on top. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours.
- Once set, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
18 thoughts on “5-ingredient No-Churn Rum Raisin Ice Cream”
This ice cream is so creamy and smooth. We loved the rum soaked raisins. Can’t wait to offer this to my guests at the holidays with pie
Thanks. I’m so glad you enjoyed it!!
Rum raisin isn’t a flavor we can find at the store. Loved this easy no churn recipe
Adult ice cream? Yes, please!
Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out. Superb blog and terrific design and style.
Thanks Johnnie! That means a lot to me. Thanks for stopping in to check it out.
You had me at RUM.
I found you through Pinterest and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so i am following you! Look forward to finding out about your recipes.
Thank you and welcome, Paris.
Thank God for No Churn Ice creams!
Love the idea of real rum soaked raisins instead of all imitation flavoring for an adult treat.
Thanks, Lee. It sure was tasty, too!
This sounds so tasty and easy to make.
Thanks, Helen! I hope you give it a try.