Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is the perfect warm-weather dessert! I anxiously await the beginning of strawberry season each year – we just love strawberries. This year, the strawberry season came early! We had a bit of warmer weather in January and I was able to score my first set of delectable berries from the local strawberry farm. My daughter and I made a special trip out to pick up some fresh berries. Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is lite and fresh and makes the perfect summer dessert.
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle has layers of homemade strawberry sauce, luscious whipped cream, and fluffy angel food cake. This combination of ingredients comes together to create the perfect bite. I made these into individual glasses today but we do also layer this into a large trifle dish for large family gatherings and backyard BBQ’s. This dessert is always a crowd pleaser – and it’s so easy to make it’s ridiculous.
The perfect bite is waiting for you.
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest – I am always pinning quick & easy new recipes!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Individual Strawberry Shortcake Trifles
- 1 angel food cake , cut into 1-inch cubes
For the Strawberry Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh strawberries , quartered
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin; add water. Cook stirring over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Gently fold in the strawberries.. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla and whip until combined.
- To assemble, place chunks of angel food cake on the bottom of a trifle dish or glass. Layer the whip cream over the cake. Top with strawberry sauce. Repeat the layers as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on