By altering the levels of cayenne pepper and hot sauce, you can really heat these up according to your own tastes.
When we think party snacks, we immediately think hot wings but we wanted to do something that had that great “Buffalo Sauce” flavor but without the labor-intensiveness of frying chicken wings.
Enter Oven-Roasted Buffalo Shrimp.
We really liked the brightness the fresh lemon zest added to the palette in the background but for a more traditional Buffalo-style shrimp you could certainly leave off the lemon. We think the lemon really makes this dish pop. Enjoy.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER RECIPES?
Want To Try This Roasted Buffalo Shrimp Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Oven Roasted Buffalo Shrimp
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper , or more to taste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs large shrimp , peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1/2 cup your favorite hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 2 rimmed baking sheets in oven to heat for about 10 minutes. Stir together lemon zest, garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne, honey, and oil in a large bowl. Add shrimp, and toss to coat well.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on hot pans. Roast, without flipping, until browned on bottoms and opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and hot sauce. Once shrimp come out of the oven, add them immediately to the bowl of hot sauce mixture and toss to coat. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce as well as celery and carrot sticks.