This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Cedar Plank Salmon is a wonderfully smoky, lightly seasoned dish that is perfect for any backyard BBQ or even a date night meal. Either way, this dish is one that is sure to impress your guests. The recipe really couldn’t be more simple. #BBQ #GRILL #SUMMER #FishRecipes #Salmon #CedarPlank #CedarWrap @KitchenDreaming
You can start with a whole side of salmon and cut it into servings or buy pre-portioned fillets. Fresh is always best when it comes to fish but you can also use defrosted (previously frozen) fillets as well.
Save this Cedar Plank Salmon to your “Seafood,” “Dinner,” or “BBQ/Grilling” or “Date Night” boards on Pinterest.
While we’re at it, let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning great new content.
Cedar Plank Salmon is a wonderfully smoky, lightly seasoned dish that is perfect for any backyard BBQ or even a date night meal. #BBQ #GRILL #SUMMER #FishRecipes #Salmon #CedarPlank #CedarWrap @KitchenDreaming
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- olive olive for drizzling
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- 4 cedar planks or cedar wraps
- Kitchen Twine (optional for cedar wraps)
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cajun or blacken seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Prepare cedar planks or wraps according to package directions.
- Drizzle oil over both sides of fish
- In a small bowl, combine ground pepper, dill, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of fish. Place fish skin-side down on the plank(s). Zest 1 lemon across tops of fish and squeeze half the lemon over all fish. Use the other half for garnish, if desired.
- Place planks or wraps on grill and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from grill and transfer fish to a serving plate removing skins before serving.
- Garnish with additional lemon juice, fresh parsley.
Keywords: cedar plank, salmon, cedar wrap
This post was last updated on