Who doesn’t love a good Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich? Dripping with cheese and filled with beef, mushrooms, and onions — I know I sure do! Guy Fieri has even developed a technique for eating sandwiches like this that he calls “the lean.” You stand with sleeves rolled up, elbows out, to combat the juices that may roll down your arms with your feet spread apart and squared off with your shoulders. Then, at the waist, you ever so slightly employ a lean forward over the counter, plate or ground in front of you. This allows any juices, meat, sauces or other items from battle fall directly below you missing your shirt and pants. We’ve all been doing this for years on our own but Guy has practically patented the idea.
Looking for some other party snack ideas? Check these out:
- 1 package egg roll wrappers 20 sheets
- 1 pound ground beef
- 20 slices deli provolone
- 1 bell pepper, any variety, diced
- 2 oz white button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced then chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Oil for frying
- Small bowl of water or 1 egg lightly beaten
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain off grease, and add the mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook until onions and bell peppers are tender. Drain meat mixture in a fine mesh strainer or sieve. Allow all liquid to drain and mixture to cool.
- Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time, place on a clean dry surface with one of the corners in front of you (like a diamond shape) brush all edges with water or beaten egg, and place 1 slice of cheese in the center and approximately 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the center. Fold the bottom corner over the filling making sure you tuck the end under the meat, then fold in each of the sides and then roll towards the remaining corner. Make sure to press down on all edges to make sure the roll seals closed.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers, this recipe made 20 egg rolls.
- Heat a large frying pan with enough oil to have about 1 1/2 inches of oil in the pan. Place 2 or 3 rolls into the hot oil, gently turn after 3 or 4 minutes, cook until all sides are golden brown, remove from oil and either drain on a cooling rack (affiliate link) or on paper towels.
- Place into a warm oven until all rolls are fried or until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite dips, such as melted cheese dip or a horseradish based mayonnaise
- Calories: 0
Keywords: philly cheese steak egg rolls