In the mood for chicken? Try one of these recipes:
This wonderfully flavorful Spanish Chicken is on the table in 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup broken pieces thin spaghetti
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup peas and carrots blend
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/3 pound cured chorizo or linguica, casings removed, sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 small onions, quartered lengthwise with the roots intact
- 2 small lemons, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Spanish (sweet) paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the pasta and toast for 3 minutes. Stir in the rice to coat. Add 2 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil, then cover the pot, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes; fluff with a fork. (If the rice sticks near the end of the cooking time, add a splash more stock.) Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, over medium heat. Add the chorizo or linguica and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Season the chicken with pepper and salt and add to the pan drippings. Cook over medium heat, until browned, about 12- 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing frequently. Add the lemons, olives, garlic,and paprika; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes. Add the wine (optional) and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the pan. Stir in the remaining 1 cup chicken stock.
- Return the chicken and chorizo (or linguica) to the skillet, cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer everything to a platter except for the sauce. Simmer the sauce for a minute over high heat to reduce slightly and then stir in the remaining butter and garnish with parsley. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Serve with the rice pilaf.
- Serving Size: 1 pc
- Calories: 670
- Sugar: 9.7 g
- Sodium: 1057 mg
- Fat: 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 54.2 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg