My friend, Tara, introduced me to this recipe when we were in college.
I still refer to it as “Tara’s Shrimp Recipe” and my family knows exactly what that means. You can add more, less or even omit the red pepper flakes altogether to adjust the heat to your own tastes. My family enjoys this recipe with the red pepper flakes.
This shrimp makes a great appetizer or first course and is wonderful on top of a salad with the sauce as a vinaigrette. Remember though to plan ahead because this dish needs 4 hours to overnight to marinate.
Zesty Marinated Shrimp
- 2 lbs shrimp , peeled, and deveined - large
- 1/4 cup parsley , finely chopped - fresh
- 1/4 cup green onions , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes , or more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper , to taste
- Cook shrimp in boiling salted water until pink. Usually 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl or zip top bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over warm shrimp. Toss well so every shrimp is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 10 hours (overnight is best). Drain excess sauce from shrimp before serving.