My kids were headed off to Grandma’s this afternoon so my hubby and I could have a quiet dinner for two at our favorite sushi spot and get a few hours of much needed and well-deserved relaxation. Today, however, I decided that I would send over a dinner and dessert with the kids so Grandma could also get some crafts done that she was working on.
Having already scratch made two other meals this morning and with the afternoon fast approaching, I was running short on time and, honestly, I needed something easy for dessert. My idea for this quickly turned to Peach Cobbler. I decided to go the traditional route and whipped up a batch of dough which I sweetened and dropped on top to form the crust.
Easy Peach Cobbler
Easy Peach Cobbler is made with a sweetened dough that is put on top of peaches. Enjoy plain, with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 2 cans (21oz) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 table spoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well and then add the butter and combine with your fingers or a pastry cutter until it is crumbly. Next add the eggs, oil and milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour the peaches into the bottom of a baking dish and top with the dough by just taking small bits of the dough and then dropping it randomly on top of the fruit. This will rise and form a nice crust. If you like, now sprinkle the raw cobbler topping with about a tablespoon or so of sugar.
- Bake 35 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown and the peaches are bubbly. Cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream or fresh whipped cream (both optional, of course).
Serving Size 6 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.4 g
Saturated Fat 3.6 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbohydrates 64.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
Sugars 29.6 g
Protein 6.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.