Asparagus salad has a wonderful flavor and lasts in the fridge for quite a few days. This is a great brunch salad and goes well aside eggs and omelets; it’s also a great side to any weeknight meal.
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough bottom stems removed
- 1 small red or sweet white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp or 2 oz) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese, to garnish
- Slice the asparagus, including the tips, into thin slices, and place in a medium bowl. Add the onion and Parmesan cheese. Next add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- The salad should be dressed an hour or two in advance of mealtime so the vinegar can tenderize the fresh asparagus and the flavors can mingle.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: brunch, vegetable, asparagus, salad, side, marinated