For the Marinade
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 6 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2–1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (optional)1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 lb flank, skirt or London Broil steak
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3–4 bell peppers use multiple colors, cut in half, seeded and sliced 1/4-1/2 inch wide
- 1 poblano or jalapeno seeded and sliced, optional
- 8 oz Mushrooms, optional
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a zipper bag, place steak in the back and make sure marinade coats all sides. Refrigerate 2-4 hrs or on the counter for 1 hr.
- When ready to eat heat a cast iron pan on high heat for 2 min, add half the oil and the steak.. cook 3-4 min each side for medium rare. Remove and let rest.
- While meat is resting lower heat to medium-high, add remaining oil and vegetables. Cook 5-7 minutes, try not to stir too often in order to get the sear marks on your vegetables.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain as this makes for a very tender cut of meat
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings…we used shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, fresh salsa and warm tortillas.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg