These Boozy Watermelon Margarita Popsicles are a hit at backyard parties and barbecues. Everyone LOVES popsicles, adults included, so why not make your favorite summer cocktail into a popsicle??
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounces watermelon cubes, seedless or with seeds removed (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup gold tequila
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and continue cooking until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Set aside and allow the syrup cool.
- In a blender , puree watermelon cubes until smooth. Stir in the simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila.
- Fill popsicle container to fill point with the watermelon mixture. Freeze for about 4 hours or overnight until solid.
This made 15 full size popsicles. The actual yield will vary depending on the mold shape and size used.
- Category: beverage, desserts
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: how to, alcohol, watermelon, margarita, popsicles, frozen