These cherry hand pies are amazing. Frozen empanada pie dough rounds make these handheld Cherry hand pies quick and easy to prepare. If you’re not a fan of cherry pie filling, you can always use another fruit — or make your own.
- 1 Pkg Frozen Empanada Dough Rounds, thawed
- 1 (21-oz) can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- demerara sugar, for dusting tops of pastry (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Divide dough in half.
- Top each dough round with 1 tablespoons pie filling onto center of each round.Fold the dough over in half. Press edges firmly together and seal with a fork. Cut 3 small slits in the tops of each pie to release steam while cooking.
- Brush each pie with egg wash and dust with demerara sugar for a bakery-style finish.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
- To reheat, place in a preheated oven and heat until crisp and warm.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cherry pie, tart, snack