Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Vegetables
Yield 4 -6
Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Vegetables is so mild and versatile that it can adapt to just about any flavors you can think of.
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1 head or 1 lb bag cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup half and half, regular or fat free
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (part skim) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil or non fat cooking spray
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into small spears
- In a large pot, add about 6 cups of water. Add cauliflower to the pot. Peel the potatoes and slice or dice, whichever is your preference and boil these together until fork tender. Once tender, blend the potatoes and cauliflower into the creamy base of the soup using an immersion (stick) blender or a regular blender.
- If you used a blender, transfer this back into your soup pot, add half and half, salt and pepper and simmer on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is simmering, saute the zucchini until tender adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, green onions, and zucchini.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Serving Size 274 g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 168 mg
Total Carbohydrates 17.9 g
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 6.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.