This simple English Pea Salad is a great accompaniment to any picnic or pot luck. Served cold, this classic side dish is simple and easy to prepare and makes the perfect accompaniment to grilled or BBQ’d meats, fried chicken, steamed seafood, or even sandwiches.
Creamy English Pea Salad is a dish I remember from my childhood. While we ate it mostly in the summer months at barbecues and backyard parties usually with grilled meats and kabobs, but it is a great side dish for any time of the year.
To fully enjoy this salad, it helps if you’re a fan of peas but do know that some people (like me) who don’t usually eat peas, will often eat pea salad. I do not know why this phenomenon occurs, but it does! This is great with just about anything off the barbecue grill, so give it a try!
Want To Try This Creamy English Pea Salad Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Creamy English Pea & Carrot Salad
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise , homemade or store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of white or black pepper , or to taste
- 1 (18 to 20 ounce) bag of frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots , thawed
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onions
- 4 oz cheddar cheese , cubed
- Add the mayonnaise to a large bowl, add salt and pepper; mix well and then set aside.
- Add the peas, onion, bacon and cheese. Toss, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on