Creamy English Pea Salad is a dish I remember from my childhood. While we ate it mostly in the summer months at barbecues and backyard parties usually with grilled meats and kabobs, but it is a great side dish for any time of the year. To enjoy this salad, it helps if you’re a fan of peas but do know that some people (like me) who don’t usually eat peas, will often eat pea salad. I do not know why this phenomenon occurs, but it does! This is great with just about anything off the barbecue grill, so give it a try!
Creamy English Pea & Carrot Salad
Yield 5 - 6 serving
Creamy English Pea and Carrot Salad is really a great side dish for anytime of the year.
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise , homemade or store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of white or black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (18 to 20 ounce) bag of frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onions
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- Add the mayonnaise to a large bowl, add salt and pepper; mix well and then set aside.
- Add the peas, onion, bacon and cheese. Toss, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size 6 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.7 g
Saturated Fat 6.6 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 645 mg
Total Carbohydrates 27.8 g
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 11.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.