These Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Parmesan and Parsley Pesto make a great side dish, especially for a meat and potatoes type meal. To speed these up, you can steam them in the microwave, but today I’ve boiled them until tender and then crisped them up in the oven. The fresh herb pesto is great on seafood and chicken as well as these spunky little spuds.
- 24 ounces Dutch yellow baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed, stemmed flat Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almond (small 2 oz bag)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher, bottom of a cup, or a fork, smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Drizzle with a little olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- In a food processor place the garlic, parsley, pinch salt, almond slivers, and Parmesan cheese. Process until they form a paste. Gradually blend in olive oil, taste and adjust your seasonings to taste.
- Drizzle potatoes with parsley pesto, grate additional fresh parmesan over the top.
- Serve warm.
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy potato side dishes, smashed potato recipes, easy vegetable sides