So since I was having such a difficult time deciding, I gave the book to my kids and my husband and let them thumb through it and decide what they wanted to try first. Overwhelmingly, the response was for the Crock Pot Taco Dip, which I modified just a little to include ingredients I could eat with my food sensitivity. This dip is delicious and would make a great appetizer for your next pot luck, baby shower, or game day entertaining. The recipe is very versatile in that you can “dress it up” however you see fit. If you add a variety of different toppings, you can offer your own nacho bar for folks to customize any way they choose. The sky really is the limit on this recipe and many of the recipes in The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms can be adapted in this way which is what makes it the perfect gift for new Mom’s short on time or busy families on the go. Just about anyone who loves crock pot cooking or where crock pot cooking may be a necessity, like in an RV or camper.
Now, I am required to tell you that Sarah did send me a copy of her book for the purpose of this review, but the opinions expressed here are my own. I was not paid or compensated for my thoughts or opinions on the book, which if you haven’t already guessed, I love to pieces. The links listed in this post are affiliate links which means, if you purchase one of Sarah’s book, it helps support our site, Kitchen Dreaming, through our affiliation with Amazon. We thank you for supporting the brands that help keep our site running. All that being said, The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms is honestly a book I will keep in my personal collection, it is a book, that had I found it in the store would have purchased on my own because it’s a great collection of recipes for my crock pot. I hope that you will check out her book and fall in love with it the way I have.
Love your Crock Pot? Check out these other Crock pot recipes:
- Crock Pot Spaghetti sauce
- Crock Pot Cajun Boiled Peanuts
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup
- Homemade Condensed Cream Soup Mix
Crock Pot Nacho Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fajita or taco seasoning
- 16 ounce jar of organic Salsa , whatever spice level you choose
- 16 ounce package Velveeta Cheese , or Homemade Velveeta
- 16 ounce sour cream
- 15 ounce refried beans , or homemade refried beans
- 1 large bag tortilla chips , any variety
- Brown meat in a skillet, add taco or fajita seasoning. Drain and discard liquid.
- Add meat to slow cooker.
- Add salsa, nacho cheese, sour cream, refried beans to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or until heated through.
- Turn slow cooker to warm while serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips