Garlic Cheddar Minis make a great addition to soups and stews. They also pair great with seafood and any dinner you have in mind.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup milk plus 2 tablespoons of milk, separated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 green onion, scallion, or chives sliced into fine rings (optional)
- Non fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then add the melted butter, milk cheese, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and green onions. Stir together just until a soft dough forms and then mix well with a fork for about 30 seconds. The dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Prepare a cooking try or a set of mini cupcake tins with non fat cooking spray, a silicon baking mat or parchment paper . Using a teaspoon or a 1 oz cookie scoop, drop dough by spoonfuls onto the prepared pan(s). Brush the tops of the minis with the remaining 2 tbsp of milk.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the largest biscuit should come out clean. If they are still doughy, return them to the oven and bake a few minutes longer.
- Serve warm.
- Category: bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: how to, garlic, cheddar, biscuits