These Loaded Breakfast Biscuits are a fast family favorite because they are easy to make and portable, which make them the perfect grab and go breakfast – especially when we travel.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (divided) [See Note]
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs scrambled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large 12-inch cast iron skillet, crumble the sausage and sautee until browned through.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- When the sausage is browned, drain well and then add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine until the sausage is fully coated.
- Drain any abundance of oil from the pan and then add the beaten eggs into the pan and cook to a soft scramble. Add the scrambled eggs to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Next, add the cheese and milk. With a spoon, stir the mixture until all the flour is incorporated and a slightly sticky dough forms. With a spoon, floured hands or an ice cream scoop, drop biscuits into the buttered skillet or sheet pan .
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Brush the tops of the hot biscuits with melted butter. Serve warm.
Use 2 tbsp melted butter to oil the cast iron pan and the other 2 tbsp melted butter to brush the tops of the biscuits after they are finished baking.
Keywords: loaded breakfast biscuits, cheese, sausage, home made, easy, quick, kid friendly, 30 minutes or less, cast iron skillet, MSG free