This stuffed pork chop recipe is something my husband and I came up with by using my stuffed mushroom recipe as the filling for our pork chops. It is a wonderful pairing. I wish I had thought of this much, much sooner! It goes so wonderfully together and can be done on the grill with a few simple steps.
This dish is easy enough for a weekend meal and yet versatile enough to serve at your next gathering of family or friends. According to the new U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines, pork chops can be safely cooked to medium rare at a final internal cooked temperature of 145 ° F as measured by a food thermometer. Allow the meat to rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving. Following these guidelines, the pork chop was succulent and tender. Enjoy!
Grilled Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops
Mushroom Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops are easy enough for a weekend meal and yet versatile enough to serve at your next gathering of family or friends.
- 4 double chops (1 1/2-inch) pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup toasted plain bread crumbs (not cubes)
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian 6 cheese blend or mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Add parsley and bread crumbs and mix well. Stir in the cheese and allow it to melt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before stuffing the chops.
- Meanwhile, wash and pat dry chops. Using a paring knife, make a 1-inch slit in the center of each pork chop. Using the knife, widen the pocket inside each chop, leaving the opening still only 1-inch wide.
- Once the mushroom stuffing is cooled, use a teaspoon and stuff the mixture into the center of each pork chop. Alternately, you could put the stuffing into piping bag that is not fitted with a tip. Pipe each chop full with mushroom mixture. Do not overfill with stuffing mix as this will cause it to leak out during cooking as the chop shrinks a little as it cooks.
- Grill the chops on medium high heat for 6 minutes on each side. Being careful not to squeeze the chops with the thongs while turning so that the stuffing doesn't ooze out. Turn each chop 45° after 3 minutes to make pretty grill marks. Top each chop with a small pad of butter while resting.
Serving Size 1 pc
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 26.2 g
Saturated Fat 12.4 g
Cholesterol 286 mg
Sodium 498 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22.2 g
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 101.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.