Interested in some other Seafood Recipes? Check these out:
Steamed Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- 4 lbs of fresh mussels
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 3 Tbsp garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley , chopped
- 3 cups light white table wine (like Pinot Grigio)
- 2 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- To clean the mussels, put them in a large bowl and cover with water and soak for 30 minutes, or until the mussels are free of any sand. Drain the mussels, then remove the "beard" from each one. If they're dirty, scrub the mussels under running water. Discard any dead mussels, mussels with broken shells or shells which are not tightly shut.
- In a large non-aluminum stockpot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes; then add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes, or until they are translucent. Add the parsley, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, stir well, then cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the mussels are opened (discard any that do not open). Pour the mussels and the sauce into a large shallow bowl and serve hot.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on