Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Pumpkin Pie Pudding is perfect for lovers of pumpkin pie with out the crust.
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional Garnish: Dollop of whipped cream and toasted walnuts
- Combine 6 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine milk and egg, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl. Stirring until well incorporated. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to milk mixture, whisking constantly. Place pan over low heat, and cook for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Divide pudding evenly among 4 dessert bowls, and cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap to prevent it from forming a skin over the top. Chill until read to serve.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped, toasted walnuts.