Quick and Easy Cheese Danish makes any morning feel special. This pastry is easy to prepare and can easily be adapted to different fruits and fillings.
- 2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fresh berries, optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9X13-inch baking pan or line with parchment paper .
- Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan, pressing together the seams.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Optional: Add about 1 cup of raspberries, blueberries, mixed berries or apples and cinnamon fresh fruit or fruit compote onto the cheese layer prior to baking.
- Carefully lay the second pack of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese mixture. Brush the top layer with egg white to ensure even browning.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- While the danish is baking, combine all the glaze ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Once removed from the oven. cool for 20 minutes before topping with the glaze.
Make sure the dough is kept refrigerated until ready to use to make it easier to use.
Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick and easy cheese danish, cream cheese, strawberry, kid friendly, indulgent,