Summer is heating up here in South Carolina (101 °F) and my daughter wanted to make S’mores but who can handle the heat of an open fire in this kind of summer heat! So I thought we could manage to give her that same iconic flavor in a brownie bite. Since these are bite sized, they take only a few minutes in the oven.
These S’mores Brownie Bites were super simple to put together. With a graham cracker cereal, miniature marshmallows and chocolatey brownies, these cooked up quickly and disappeared even faster!
If you have a smores lover in your family, give these a try. They will not disappoint!
S'mores Brownie Bites
Yield 24 bites
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant espresso granules, optional
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup graham cracker cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 24 mini-muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (or on the stove in a saucepan).
- Add 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips and the espresso powder (optional) and stir until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Next add the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, fill each paper liner with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Push 3 mini marshmallows halfway down into the center of the batter.
- Add pieces of graham cracker cereal around the marshmallows.
- Bake until the marshmallows are puffed and light golden, about 12 minutes.
The paper liners should not be skipped in this recipe as the brownie bites can be difficult to remove from the pan even with non-stick cooking spray.