These Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars are simple and delicious. Can you believe they are ready in about 30-minutes and use ingredients already in your pantry?!
- 1–1/2 sticks cold butter, diced
- 1–1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cup regular rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9″ x 9″ or 8″ x 10″ baking dish with cooking spray. Line with foil for easily lifting the bars out of the pan (optional).
- Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry cutter or a fork, or your hands, cut the butter into the oatmeal blend until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour a little more than half of the mixture into the pan and pat lightly with your fingertips or a fork to pack it down to form the cookie base.
- Spoon the strawberry rhubarb over the surface of the cookie and use the back of your spoon to spread it evenly around.
- Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake until light golden brown on top, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in pan.
- When cool, use the aluminum foil to easily lift the entire cookie out of the pan. Peel the foil from the base and cut into squares or triangles.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: rhubarb, jam, oatmeal bars, dessert, easy, recipe, cookies, how to make, chewy, salty, sweet