Every year Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) plays host to the Annual International Pizza Expo. And when you think of Las Vegas you think “Go Big or Go Home!” Am I right? So when I was trying to think of an International Pizza, I was feeling pretty inspired and almost overwhelmed, after all, Vegas is nothing if not diverse. I mean the possibilities are literally endless! The Annual International Pizza Expo features products and tools for the pizza industry from around the world, so it was actually a little difficult to settle down, focus my thoughts and narrow my ideas down to just one simple yet flavorful pizza.
My husband and I have been on a bit of an Asian fusion kick lately. So after scouring hotels on the strip for some inspiration, I finally found it when I stopped into visit the Mandarin Oriental and the Mozen Bistro. This Thai Shrimp Pizza is saucy and delicious. If shrimp isn’t your thing, substitute chicken or beef both would be great.
Normally, I would make my own crust for pizzas, but today I’m using Naan bread for the speed of preparation. You can use a homemade pizza dough or any other pre-made crust of your choosing. For the peanut sauce, I make my own often adjusting the flavors to my family’s tastes but there are some pre-packaged varieties out there. Check out your grocer’s Asian food section or internet stores, like Amazon, for other options, if you prefer not to make your own.
Looking for some other pizza recipes? Check these out:
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Chourico & Onion Pizza with Kale Pesto
How to Make Quick Thai Shrimp Pizza
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cider or rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 pre-baked naan bread rounds
- 1 cup matchstick style carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a small saute pan, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Bring to a boil and partially reduce to thicken slightly. Once you've reached a thickness where the sauce just coats the back of the spoon, add the shrimp and saute for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. Place the naan bread rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with carrots and bean sprouts. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the top and add the cheese divided evenly over both naan breads. Top with read onions. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts, cilantro and more red onions, if desired. Drizzle with peanut sauce and sriracha sauce (optional), and a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on