Baked Goat Cheese Dip is quick and simple to make and is perfect for entertaining guests or as the prelude to your date night dinner. My husband and I always order something similar to this when we travel to Savannah, GA. One of our favorite tapas restaurants serves a baked cheese plate and it’s absolutely divine so we’ve recreated it here today.
In the summer, when our garden is in full swing, we often eat a fresh salad of sliced tomatoes, onions and balsamic prepared with goat cheese dollops on top as a light yet satisfying summer lunch. This Baked Goat Cheese Dip combines these two delicious things into one stunning appetizer plate.
I just love the brightness provided from the fresh herbs combined with the acidity of the tomatoes and balsamic. The cheese itself is warm and creamy – perfect as a spread or dip for toasted baguette slices or vegetables. I used a combination of goat cheese along with cream cheese to lend that extra lusciousness to the goat cheese, and it’s just delicious together! I am a huge fan of fresh herbs, and I have plenty growing already in my garden so I like to mix those into the cheese base as well – you can always omit them if you prefer.
Jump to Content:
Need some other quick appetizers? Check these out:
Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- 10 ounce goat cheese , at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- salt and ground pepper
- 1- pint cherry or grape tomatoes , halved or quartered depending on size
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives , divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of chives, 2 tablespoons of parsley, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor or electric mixer and season with pepper; puree until smooth.
- Spread the cheese mixture in the dish and bake until golden and heated through; about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, reserved chives, parsley, vinegar, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the warm dip. Serve immediately.