This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Got a sweet tooth? Check out these other recipes:
Tropical Banana Bread is very moist and delicious and will be an instant hit with your family
- For the bread
- 1/2 cup of oil (canola, vegetable or applesauce)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups of All purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (optional)
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Coat two 8″ x 4″ loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place the oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs together in a bowl and beat with a mixer on low until creamy. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Add the bananas, pineapple and coconut stir until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- Mix powdered sugar with water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency of a thick royal icing.
- Drizzle the top of the cooled cake with royal icing.
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 540
- Sugar: 68.8 g
- Sodium: 447 mg
- Fat: 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 86 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 59 mg