As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Got a sweet tooth? Check out these other recipes:
Tropical Banana Bread
- For the bread1/2 cup of oil - (canola, vegetable or applesauce)2 cups of white sugar3 eggs1 tbsp vanilla2 cups of All purpose flour1 cup of whole wheat flour1 tsp baking soda1 tsp salt3 medium ripe bananas, mashed1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (optional) For the Glaze1 cup powdered sugar1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Coat two 8" x 4" loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place the oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs together in a bowl and beat with a mixer on low until creamy. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Add the bananas, pineapple and coconut stir until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- Mix powdered sugar with water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency of a thick royal icing.
- Drizzle the top of the cooled cake with royal icing.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on