Un-Traditional Pasta Salad
- 1 lb box pasta
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin leaves and all
- 2 carrots, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 lb zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 lb asparagus, sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 sweet onion, diced small
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup bottled vidalia onion vinaigrette dressing, or other vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta in a large pot per the package instructions until just al dente, keeping in mind that the pasta will soften some as it absorbs some of the vinaigrette dressing.
- Drain pasta and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add vinaigrette, salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste, and allow to cool completely. The pasta will have a better chance of absorbing the vinaigrette while it is still warm infusing each bite with loads of flavor.
- After the pasta is cooled, add all the chopped veggies and the shredded cheese. Toss to combine.