My Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Tinga is the foundation for so many of our Mexican recipes including these Baked Shredded Chicken Tinga Tacos. We simply just can’t get enough – it’s so flavorful and simple to make!
And in my family, we eat Mexican food often — twice a week or more sometimes! We just vary how we use the meat to create so many different meals.
Today we’re making Baked Shredded Chicken Tacos. You can easily start this recipe from the Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken but if you like, you can opt to start with a store-bought hot rotisserie chicken and be on your way to a quick meal that’s on the table in about 30-minutes.
Simply layer the chicken and cheese into the shells and pop it into the oven. When they’re done, load them all with all your favorite toppings and dig in. It’s just that simple.
What my family loves about it is that we can each add just whatever toppings we like in any quantity we chose. YUMM!
Wanna bite? Here’s one just for you!
Love Tacos like we do? Check out thee other taco recipes:
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Taco Skillet
- Thai Steak Tacos
- Crock Pot Beef Tacos
- Baked Fish Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Beef Fajitas
- 1 pound cooked Shredded Mexican Chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Chopped Green Chilis
- 1 box (15 shells) Taco Shells
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
Optional Garnish Ideas
- Diced jalapenos
- diced tomatoes
- sliced black olives
- taco sauce
- sour cream
- fresh cilanto
- sliced avocado
- fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes, and green chilis. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the 10 of each shell.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg